EDUCATION - TO CAUSE LEARNING
Education was first considered as learning the ' Three Rs ' :
Reading - Writing - Arithmetic
Later it was considered as training the ' Three Hs ' :
Head - Hand - Heart
The modern concept of education is not only knowledge, skills and love
but also the right human relationship.So we have ' Three Fs ' :
Information - Formation - Transformation
Matha - Pitha - Guru - Deviam.
Children's formation of character and transformation as Satvik
gentlemen and ladies can be caused only by Ideal Gurus and Role Models.
The mediocre Teacher -- Tells
The good Teacher -- Explains
The superior Teacher -- Demonstrates
The best Teacher -- Inspires
AN OPEN LETTER FROM A CHILD TO PARENTS AND TEACHERS
Dear Parents and Teachers,
You parents and teachers are strange and peculiar. Even though you have come through
Childhood, you seem to have forgotten that golden period of your life. Just recall your good, old childhood days and then see my needs and challenges – physical, emotional,
mental and social – as I grow up from a kid to a teenager . You will understand as to how
much continuous support, friendship, guidance and most of all love do I need from you.
Let us enjoy this path together and make the most out of it. Allow me to give you few hints and suggestions to make our relationship happy and meaningful.
I remain ,
Your loving and lovable child.
Let me tell you something : Don’t always be the teacher. The child is father of man.
Encourage me well, when I do a good job.
Don’t show me too much affection in public. I get embarrassed.
Let me take some risks; you did when you were young.
Please respect my privacy , personality and individuality.
Please say ‘ Yes ‘ more often than ‘ No ‘ .
Help me to develop a skill or talent that will last a life time.
Family activities really make me feel close to every one at home.
Take time to explain things in detail to me.
Keep your words and promises.
Ask for forgiveness of me at times .
Don’t pamper me too much.
When you ask questions , do listen to the answers carefully.
Listening is one of the best ways to show me that you love.
Stop comparing me with my brothers and sisters and friends.
Buy me clothes that are modern and trendy and not the ones you would like to wear.
Set high moral standards for me in your actions.
Wear your seat belt and drive safe, you are so very important to me.
Keep reminding me genuinely that you love me and you are proud of me.
Teach me how to behave.
Never put me down, especially in front of my friends and guests.
Help me to think better by expressing in writing and speaking.
Pray with me in simple language.
Discuss movies with me to understand and evaluate.
Encourage me to follow my dreams. Mine are different from yours.
Encourage me to save and avoid impulsive nature.
Encourage me to be honest and sincere.
Don’t keep changing the rules now and then.
To err is human – I get nervous and make mistakes and fail. Don’t nag.
Be kind and gentle – I will pick up from you.
Save your criticisms until we are alone.
Don’t begin your sentences with ‘ When I was your age….’
Tell me about our great grand fathers and family history. It makes me proud and great.
Tell me when you are in a bad mood. I won’t be hurt if you say something nasty.
Remember I cannot read your mind. What you say is what I hear.
Offer me choices instead of giving me orders.
Take me with you to work. It helps me to understand who you are.
Occasionally watch my favorite TV show with me.
Pets teach responsibility.
Please compliment my friends at times.
Allow me to use your valuable possessions like camera , books , computer. That will give you an opportunity to teach me how to handle expensive equipment.
Teach me world history and geography – it will put people and places in perspective.
Let me see you helping someone in need.
Show me how to compete with other children.
Let me choose my own friends.
Don’t be overprotective. Let me learn from my mistakes.
I like those private notes and instructions.
Help me in difficult situations – especially when I find my home work difficult.
Don’t punish me – instead work with me to improve.
Believe in me as a promising and potential child.
Don’t quote past mistakes unnecessarily.
Talk to me about God and Heavenly affairs.
When I ask a question , make sure that I understand your answer.
Help me to get organized.
Listen with attention to my experiences in the classroom.
Don’t always defeat me when we play games and sports.
Don’t shout or get angry to make a point.
Never call me stupid or a fool.
Let me know that you love me – even at times when I am wrong.
Don’ set unrealistic goals .
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment